Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In Position

After just about three hours in line, here we are. Not the prime spot we wanted as we weren't the first ones in line, but a breath taking view of the capital and staging area. We will be able to see Barack, but pics will be tough.

The San Francisco is serenading the masses as they heard their way into place. Aretha Franklin will warn the crowd with her pipes too.

Perhaps the most exciting thing about today is that Dick Cheney will be in a wheelchair!! He pulled a muscle in his back while moving boxes in his new home. Haha. Karma's a bitch and irony can really make something.

The sun is up now but the chill is deep.

The people that are here are continuously blowing my mind. Janette, the one doing interviews with her video cam, is a riot. She bring it out and ask someone where they're from, ask them what today means to them and then find someone else right next to them. People began screaming where they were from when they found out she was trying to do a 50-state interview. Her energy was amazing, screaming as she met someone from a state she had yet to find.

My aunt just called to let me know Barack is running 15 minuted late. Mass at the national cathedral ran late and so goes his day, fifteen minutes gone astray.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm watching the live stream on todayshow.com; Doing so...on mute! My computer speakers aren't working! But they just announced former President Jimmy Carter and Mrs. Carter. I can't believe we are 41 minutes away from our 44th Presidential inauguration. I love the excitement that is just beaming from everyone around this huge country. Let's band together and let us unite. This is an amazing time to be an American.

Anonymous said...

let me edit my comment to 56th inauguration for the 44th President. my ooops!