Monday, January 19, 2009

DC Bound

Hello from the train!

[Writer's note: please pardon misspelling and wrong grammar; a BlackBerry is not the easiest device to blog from.]

I'm just back from mexico and found out friday I got a ticket to the big show! My good friend, who's name I will not disclose so his/her office goesnt find out, gave me a senate staffer ticket--they works for the biggest traitor in Democratic politics, Joe Lieberman, and hates crowds...so lucky me. I am forever in their debt.

I'm just south of Philly now, creeping towards Joe's hometown, Wilmington, DE. Of course Joe will no longer be an Amtrak commuter; he's got residenc in DC now for at least 4 years.

The train is sold out. It took me hours of refreshing and resubmitting on saturday to even get train tickets.

I'm on the 153 regional, which originated at Penn. It wasn't full out of the city, but once we got to Trenton, the train was packed. It's a beautiful ride heading south. Provided you can ignore the industry and warehouses along the route. The scenery is grey, the infrastructure grafitied. All is dusted with a sheet of white, frozen in place by the deep chill.

The conductor called us all crazy. She said we'd never get back to the station once we stepped outside beautiful Union Station: "they got machine guns and dogs and you ain't gonna get anywhere!" We all laughed and cheered with excitment.

Tonight I will be attending the CT delegation dinner and reception. Rubbing shoulders with Dodd and Lieberman, and the constitution state's five congressional members, along with staffers, donors and friends. I can't wait. It will be a grand affair and I've now promised my friend that I'll never talk shit on Lieberman again.

Full speed ahead now and on with the show!!

No comments: